Join Our Home Health Community
Valerian Home Health & Hospice in Central Texas takes great pride in our dedicated community of volunteers who make a significant impact on the lives and well-being of our patients. Whether you have personal experience with home health care or are simply passionate about helping others, we welcome you to join our community. To learn more about becoming a volunteer, please contact us. Our knowledgeable representatives will be delighted to answer any questions you may have and help you get started as soon as possible.
How Do I Become a Volunteer?
At Valerian Home Health & Hospice, our volunteers play an integral role in providing support and compassion to our patients. Whether it’s through hospice care or other services, our volunteers offer practical help, companionship, and emotional support to those in need. Hospice care, in particular, relies heavily on the work of our volunteers, who provide social support by visiting patients and their families and providing companionship during a difficult time. They also help with practical tasks like running errands and assisting with chores around the home. With their dedication and generosity, our hospice volunteers make a positive impact on the lives of our patients and their families. Some of the functions of volunteering includes:
- Helping With Office Support Tasks at the Agency
- Running Errands for Patients and Families
- Staying With Patients so Family Members Can Get Much-Needed Rest
- Reading or Providing a Comforting Touch
- Playing or Singing Soothing Music to Patients
- Keeping Vigil with Patients in Their Final Hours
- Providing a Friendly Visit to Life A Patient’s Spirits
- Providing Special Veteran Support to Our Veteran Patients
- Visit with Patients and Families, Providing Companionship and Emotional Support
- Make a Difference in The Lives of Both Patients and Their Families
- Become a Vital Part of the Hospice Care Team